We help you achieve your goals
Wealth management is all about helping you achieve your goals by matching your goal timeframe with your tolerance for risk and then finding investments to meet this.
At Emohruo Financial Services, we have a strong focus on and commitment to education, which is highlighted by the university and specialist qualifications of our team. With this in mind, we are taking an academic approach to investment theory, based on the research and theories of some of the best minds in the field. Further, our investment philosophy is modelled on, among other things, the ideas of four Nobel Prize winners of economics.
In line with academic research, we believe in these guiding principles to investment management:
- Due to capitalism, investors are owed an expected return, due to their exposure to the market.
- Markets are efficient and fairly priced, factoring in both current and future events; therefore, arbitrage opportunities are limited. By default, active fund management results in high costs due to constant trading, resulting in no substantial financial benefit to the client due to market efficiencies. Active management has shown to underperform the market over time.
- There is a relationship between risk and return and by incorporating greater divarication returns can be improved. The market prices in 5 key risk factors that affect returns:
- Exposure to the broad equity market (large caps)
- Exposure to small cap stocks
- Exposure to value stocks.
- Fixed Income
- Term risk
- Default risk
- Focus on strategic asset allocation, maximising the above risk factors, ensures a more successful long term experience than active stock selection.
- Utilise investments that delivery cost efficient investment strategies in line with the above guiding principles. Reweighting the portfolio on a periodic basis maintains the integrity of the client’s risk profile and is the best way to protect from downside risk. With reduced trading and increased security diversification in the portfolio, costs are kept low, resulting in greater benefits to clients.
This website contains information that is general in nature. It does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. You need to consider your financial situation and needs before making any decisions based on this information.